Friday, October 24, 2014

Changing the ID of a cube

So, we decided to do a checkpoint at work, and redeploy the production cubes from 8 months ago. That way, we can run both cubes, and show users what has been improved. however, when trying to deploy the SSAS project, it kept trying to deploy to the production cube. To solve it:

Pre-amble: Assume our cube Database is called JoeSoapSales. 

I changed the name to JoeSoapSales_Feb2014 by renaming it, as well as changing it everywhere I could find in VS. Yet, when I deploy I get a message that the cube "JoeSoapSales" already exists.

Finally, thanks to a lot of googling, I found that, in the solution folder, there is a .database XML file ("JoeSoapSales.Database")... Just change the ID in there using your favourite text editor, and save... Sorted!!

No comments: