Monday, October 13, 2014

TimeXtender deployment still references old server

We use an ETL tool called TimeXtender (v2014), which is a SSIS wizard.

We recently had to migrate to a new server. After changing the connections via the front-end wizard, saving and deploying the solution, I had an interesting experience. No matter how many times I ran it, my data didn't change. But when I logged into the old server, I was shocked - all my production data had disappeared. Logic told me that TimeXtender had tried to run against my old server, not the new one.

I confirmed all my connections were pointing to the old server.

I approached the vendor, who reconfirmed the basics (did I save, run the wizard, etc... Which I did do).

Eventually, I exported the project to XML, and opened it in notepad... Lo and behold the SSIS server was still set to the old server. I did a quick find/Replace, and imported the project back in... I ran it, and it worked.


So, the vendor contacted me this morning. It turns out, that next to the Login credentials button, there is a "Advanced" button, which doesn't change the login properties, but mostly SSIS properties, including server name.

No comments: